Freitag, 14. Mai 2010

Frank Frazetta passed away

The worst news for me, i found out today, that Frank Frazetta passed away on May 10th at age 82.
He was a great artist, probably the best for me in a way that nobody can reach.
I always loved to look at his work, wonder how he did this, or that... the fantasy and all the covers and posters for movies he did, every piece is great. I always wanted to meet him one day, that was a dream of mine, and it won't happen. Sadly.
He seemed to be so nice what i saw on his documentary "Painting with Fire".
Seemed to have a good life.

Hope he didn't suffer and wherever he is, he is well.
I will miss him a lot!!!
My condolences to his family.


Here are two of his greatest artworks. He defined the look of Conan the Barbarian.
And the Deathdealer wich became a cover for the german videobox of the movie Fire & Ice.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen